Energy Saving Home Plans
Saving energy can save homeowners a great deal of money over time while also placing far less strain on the environment. And these are just a few of the benefits of investing in an energy efficiency house. SMR Structural Engineering is available to help you make smart decisions to make your home the most energy efficient house possible.
Our Energy Ratings Include:
- Recommendations and advice for customers, architects, builders conception
- Easy to read energy reports
- Stamping of plans (part of the certification process)
- Fast turnaround (3-4 days)
- All online service possible, no visit to our office required
- Floor plans
- Window schedule or sizes
- Site plan
What Does Energy Rating Mean?
The Star Rating System in Australia involves rating homes on a scale of 1-10. The greater the number of stars, the better the energy rating. When the system was implemented in 2006, 5 Stars represented the best rating possible, and this has now risen to 6 Stars. The Software First Rate 5 (FR5) requires all information pertaining to the construction of the house, including wall structure, window and room sizes, room height, orientation of the house, the climate zone, floor, ceiling and roof composition, as well as the type of windows.
At SMR Structural Engineering, we can help you with:
- Residential energy ratings for houses (6 Stars or more), including new and existing houses, alterations and extensions. Either a report (Deemed to Satisfy) needs to be prepared or a software based (FR5-Program) report has to be done
- Apartment energy ratings
- Commercial energy rating (only based on a Deem to Satisfy report) – Commercial includes industrial, retail (shops) and restaurants
- Cost-effective solutions to achieve the required regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Some Ways to Save Electricity at Home?
- Switch appliances off at the wall when they’re not being used
- Use lamps or spotlights instead of main lights if only a little bit of light is needed
- Use energy-saving light globes
- Turn off lights in the rooms that aren’t being used
- Use a clothesline instead of a dryer whenever possible
- Use solar power if possible
- Program sensors and timers to light outside areas only when required
What Are Some Energy Conserving Items for a House?
- LED lights
- Smart thermostats
- Smart fridges and kitchen appliances
- High efficiency laundry machines
- Smart power strips
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Energy Saving